Without Adopting a Dog or Fostering a Dog!
There are so many ways to help, even if you don’t have the time, resources, or space to adopt a dog yourself. Check out the list below to see if you can help in one or more ways.
- Transport a dog?
- Donate MONEY?
- Donate a crate?
- Donate an x-pen or baby gates?
- Donate a leash?
- Donate a collar?
- Donate a gift certificate to a pet store?
- Donate flea stuff (Advantage, etc.)?
- Donate Heartworm pills?
- Pay the boarding fees to board a dog for a week? Two weeks?
- Conduct a home visit or accompany a rescue person on the home visit?
- Volunteer to do rescue in your area?
- Talk to all your friends about adopting and fostering rescue dogs?
- Donate vet services or can you help by donating a spay or neuter each year or some vaccinations?
- Help organize and run fundraising events?
- Microchip a rescued dog?
- Donate or loan a portable dog run to someone who doesn’t have a quarantine area for quarantining a dog that has an unknown vaccination history and has been in a shelter?
- Loan a crate if a dog needs to travel by air?
- Pay for an ad in your local/metropolitan paper to help place rescue dogs?
- Make financial arrangements in your will to cover the cost of caring for your dogs after you are gone – so Rescue won’t have to?
- Make a bequest in your will to your local or national Rescue?
- Donate your professional services as an accountant or lawyer?
- Let rescue know when you’ll be flying and that you’d be willing to be a rescued dog’s escort?